Senior or Semi Senior Accountant
My client is based in Lincoln, well respected with an excellent reputation of delivering a superb level of service through their industry, I am looking for a new team member to join their professional group of dedicated staff
Ideally, I would like to chat to anyone who is senior accountant, who has had at least 5 years of practice experience within a chartered accountancy, I would also like to speak to you if you are semi senior and looking for a company where you can progress to senior level
Your main responsibility will be assisting the directors and associates with the provisional accountancy, audit tax and other services to their clients, you will be managing the workflow and supervising the training of team members as required, if you specialise in audit, a proportion of you your work will be in that area
You will be expected to have a good knowledge of the rules and regulations around accounting and audit, ensuring that the department achieve financial goals, carrying out limited company audits, charities, pensions, academies and farming businesses, in addition you will be asked to prepare accounts from incomplete records
• Working on special projects, with guidance, on an ad hoc basis as and when required to include cash flow projections, funding assignments, business acquisitions and disposals;
• Preparing accounts and tax returns;
• Preparing complex VAT returns/reviewing VAT returns;
• Tax planning;
• Completion of form P11d;
• Managing of own workload and deadlines;
• Assisting in training, mentoring, supervising and developing team members in all areas of general practice work by continually assisting the management team as and when required, this includes keeping a record of your own CPD and submitting this to your Line Manager by the 30th of November each year;
• Assisting in the management of the firms’ workloads as well as assisting in the motivating of the team by maintaining regular contact with the team;
• Taking responsibility for all allocated clients; including dealing with queries whether via telephone, email or in person;
• Being able to interpret clients’ accounts and explain these to clients;
• When required, be able to produce forecasts and budgets to assist clients in their business and finance planning;
• Preparing self-assessment tax returns and computations by examination of client’s financial records and producing accurate draft documents;
• Preparation of bills and assisting in the managing of work in progress by discussing with your Line Manager and taking appropriate action;
• Assisting Directors in the promotion of the client by attempting to cross-sell other services at every opportunity, (non-audit only);
• Pro-actively drive my client forward by contributing fully at team meetings and, adopting an appropriate attitude during working hours;
• Undertaking and performing other related duties as required;
• If within the audit team, undertaking and planning limited company audits, and specialist audits; and
• Preparation of financial statements from incomplete records in an efficient manner and to the deadline set by adhering to the clients manuals & procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Ability to reflect on one's own work as well as the wider consequences of financial decisions;
• Business acumen and interest;
• Organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines;
• Teamworking ability;
• Communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency in IT;
• Analytical ability;
• A methodical approach and problem-solving skills;
• High level of numeracy;
• Excel and Word skills to an intermediate level, e.g. lookups and pivot tables;
• Accounting experience;
• Experience of dealing with difficult client issues;
• Experience of organising and prioritising workload;
• Experience of involvement in meetings;
• Ability to work within deadlines;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Time management;
• Excellent verbal communication;
• Legible written communication;
• Computer literacy – Microsoft suite of programmes;
• Negotiating skills;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise;
• Good knowledge of recent technical issues; and
• Use of judgement and initiative.
• Excellent experience of audits.
• An understanding of Ethical Standards, and International Auditing Standards; and
• Strong knowledge of Xero/Cloud technology.
• 5 years’ experience;
• Experience of working in practice;
• Experience of Iris and Xero;
• AAT qualified, working towards ACA, ACCA or equivalent; and
• Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Building and maintaining effective relationships within my clients firm
• Supporting fellow employees;
• Ensuring your knowledge is kept up to date and relevant using CPD time; and
• Engendering a positive and professional working environment that encourages quality staff to join my client and develop within the business.
• Achieving the target rate of 93% chargeable working hours, and 85% recovery rate on work completed;
• Achievement in own development plans and that of the team; attaining Chartered Accountant status, certified status or qualified by experience;
• Ensuring all competency/technical areas are adequately covered and that training is requested as required;
• Profitability and attitude of the Team.
• Aiming towards 6-week turnaround and keeping WIP levels at an acceptable level;
• Strong knowledge of personal and business taxes;
• Preparation and completion of complex tax returns including being able to explain tax liabilities/refunds to clients;
• Strong knowledge of business taxes including capital allowances and use of losses;
• Agreement of figures with HM Revenue and Customs;
• Client satisfaction level of “satisfied” as a minimum, by assisting in the building of good working relationships with clients via feedback forms;
• Attending promotional events and putting forward suggestions for new marketing initiatives.
• If required, attendance at audit team meetings; and
• Attendance of relevant courses/webinars/updates.
This is a superb opportunity to work for a prestigious company, where reputation is key, I am looking to interview for this position soon, if you have the level of skill set that I am looking for and are either senior or semi senior then please do not hesitate to contact me, you can either call Caroline on 01522 848333 or send in your up to date CV to caroline.allton@rrgroup .co.uk