My client in Lincoln is looking for a Manufacturing Machinist to join their team. The ideal candidate will have time served as an apprentice and have had a stable career. There is some flexibility in the amount of experience, but candidates must be able to work under their own initiative and will spend time working alone on night shifts.
After a training period, the role will be required to work 3 rotational shifts:
Early Shift 7am – 3pm
Late Shift 3pm – 11pm
Night Shift 11pm – 7am
If you are interested – please send your cv to email@example.com or call Alexandra on 01522 848333
• To support the site in pursuing business objectives
• To assist with the identification, development, and implementation of operational improvements
• To ensure continuity of production of quality parts ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved.
• To ensure that quality, cost, and delivery are continually improved.
• To ensure that all work meets customer (internal and external) expectations on delivery and quality.
• To be flexible and adaptable within work area.
To work with the Team Leader to obtain job assignments and ensure the necessary tooling and drawings are in place.
• To interpret drawings and process sheets to determine machining and set-up required.
• To measure and mark areas to be machined.
To set up machines and inspect own and others work as required and to ensure the maintenance and improvement of quality standards.
• To complete required documentation correctly.
• To undertake first line maintenance checks on plant and equipment if required.
• To notify the Team Leader of any improper operations of the machine.
To ensure high standards of quality parts are achieved.
• To use precision measuring instruments to set-up and machine work to required tolerances.
• To ensure customer specifications are achieved e.g. check dimensions against process sheets or drawings.
To be flexible and train to carry out any of the following activities:
• To despatch finished goods including completing administrative paperwork
• To complete all required documentation correctly
• To final inspect parts
To ensure that high standards of health, safety and housekeeping are met.
• To carry out housekeeping audits across the unit if required
• To use the appropriate personal protective equipment
• To assist with undertaking risk assessments and re-assessments
• To monitor and assist with the implementation of safe systems of work
• To undertake weekly inspections as required
• To comply with legislative requirements
• To undertake daily forklift truck and crane checks
To develop efficient working processes and seek ways to continuously improve all aspects of your own job.
To work to established process methods, reporting any deviations, and correcting these as necessary.
To participate in continuous improvement activities such as Lean manufacturing techniques, T.P.M, Asset Care, and 6S
To work to achieve the performance measures identified within the team.
To apply fault finding and problem-solving skills relating to manufacture and equipment failure to continually improve processes.
Teamworking – Demonstrates co-operation and openness with others.
Contributes to collective problem solving. Willing to join in. Responds to teamwork. Promotes pride in the workplace.
Business Awareness – Considerate and effective in the use of Company resources. Shows awareness of broad Company issues and objectives. Supports and endorses all company policies.
Leadership – Positively welcomes responsibility. Self-motivated. Takes ownership of personal goals and objectives.
Developing Others – Willing to help others to learn. Willing to share knowledge and experience.
Customer Focus -Able to identify both internal and external customers and respond to their needs.
Quality Orientation – Demonstrates personal commitment to quality; sets high work standards for self. Consistently achieves quality standards. Wants to do a good job. Understands statistical process control techniques.
Change Management – Accepts change. Adapts and responds positively to change.
Communication – Able to present information on a one-to-one basis clearly and concisely. Responds logically and fluently to questions.
Planning and Organising – Organises own day to day activities. Works methodically to meet deadlines. Pays attention to detail.
Analytical Thinking – Breaks down problems into simple lists of tasks or activities. Applies problem solving tools and techniques.
Relationship Building – Demonstrates a positive approach in their interaction with others.
Judgement – Applies common sense and clear thinking in own area on day-to-day problems, especially to reduce idle time and achieve objectives. Seeks advice when unsure.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Relevant apprenticeship would be desirable.
• Experience in setting and operating machine tools (Manual and CNC).
• Knowledge and application of safe working practices.
• Knowledge and experience in quality systems and procedures
• Knowledge of reading and interpreting component drawings and process sheets is desirable, as well as using a variety of precision measuring instruments,
• Knowledge of machine tool setting procedures.
• Experience of working in an engineering environment.
• Must have a high degree of numerical ability.
Key Result Areas:
• Productivity targets
• Customer requirements met on time and in full.
• Team adaptability and use of skills.
• Continuous improvement of processes applied
• Completion of H&S activities
• Ongoing cost reductions