We are recruiting for a Temporary to Permanent Warehouse / Yard Operator for a company based on the outskirts of Newark.
These positions will be working a day shift which consists of Monday to Friday 8.30-4.30
This is a manual labour intensive role and will include dealing with large and heavy items. You will also be working outside so should be happy working in all weathers.
These positions will be subject to satisfactory interview and passing a drug test. If you are taking any medication this will need to be declared beforehand so can be taken into account for the drug test.
Duties will include –
• Pick computer generated orders with repetitive handling/lifting of heavy and large item.
• Work efficiently and effectively as part of a team
• Ensure all documentation is correctly actioned for accuracy of stock.
• Transferring stock to its location using a Forklift trucks and cranes. (full training will be given)
• Assisting in the overall production and dispatch of customers’ orders.
• Keep work area clean and tidy.
• Maintain high levels of Health and Safety.
• Maintain regular contact and ensure any issues are communicated.
• Be adaptable and flexible in approach to work to meet operational requirements.
• Operate machinery (only when trained to do so)
• Organised and able to work on own initiative.
• Mobile equipment use (FLT, overhead crane).
• Experience using steel saws or other machinery
• Experience in heavy industry preferred but not essential as relevant training will be provided
• A clean driving licence for vehicle shunting on site is required.
Pay rate £10.87ph days
Overtime – Time and third