I am working with my client to find an ambitious Software Developer to take lead with a number of in-house projects and provide occasional IT support within a Customer Server Centre environment.
My client is a international on line supplier, who’s head office is based in Lincoln, due to company demands |I am looking to add to their IT team, the role will involve:
Requirements of the Role:
• Extensive experience working with PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS with a demonstrable IT software background.
• General knowledge of web development best practices and current standards.
• Front and back-end experience with E-commerce websites, intranet and CMS.
• Knowledge of front-end frameworks for building responsive websites, such as Bootstrap;
• MVC frameworks, preferably CodeIgniter.
• Experience with API’s, such as eBay, AWS and S3.
• Version control, preferably GIT and SourceTree.
• Understanding of security principles within an office IT environment (preferably PCI-DSS experience);
• IT support background, including first and second line support.
• Basic server administration skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce in-house Applications and Database to support the needs of the company.
• De-bugging and resolving coding issues.
• Implementing new solutions into existing code.
• Prepare project proposals for development works including timeframes, contingencies etc.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Eliminating ‘down-time’ for all mission critical and back office systems.
• Strategic IT based initiatives to improve efficiency and productivity within an office environment.
• Provide cover for:
o Day to day support of the office IT and telecoms systems.
o Support of servers and infrastructure to ensure they work effectively across the business.
o All levels of IT helpdesk support, which range from user admin tasks such as setting up new users, password resets, through to setting up and installing IT equipment in the office.
o Patching updates, including responsibility of out-of-hours updates.
o Maintaining antivirus security.
o Monitoring network capacity.
o Monitoring backup schedules with responsibility for offsite procedures.
• Apply role to various locations off site as and when required.
• Ad hoc IT and maintenance related tasks.
Responsible to: Senior Developer
Liaison with: IT Team, clients and customers, Company colleagues, associated companies, 3rd parties such as telecom/software providers etc.
Personal Qualities and Specific Skills:
• Confident individual with good interpersonal skills, able to deal with people at all levels and communicate to users in a clear, non-technical language.
• A problem solver, logical and practical.
• Analytically minded, able to break down and understand information.
• Excellent time management with the ability to multitask. Attention to detail to complete projects within the required scope.
• Positive and forward-thinking approach to new initiatives;
• Takes ownership and responsibility of appointed tasks.
• Happy to work autonomously.
• Flexible and adaptable to ad hoc projects and assignments.
This is an exciting position within a busy forward thinking company, if you are looking for that next move and feel that this position is within your skill set then please call Caroline on 01522 848333 or email your up-to-date CV to email@example.com