We are seeking a Temporary Senior Legal Assistant to join our clients Lincoln team on a 3 months full time contract within the Document Production Team
The Senior Legal Assistant will be required to work closely with the other Senior Legal Assistants within the team and provide cover as necessary.
They will be supported by the document production team, who produce letters and documents through manual transcription, digital dictation and voice recognition.
They will have client contact and should be able to deal with client enquiries in the first instance, therefore need to keep themselves up-to-date with matters in their area(s
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• To perform all necessary typing/word-processing, accurately and to deadline within the Newark office.
• Maintain high levels of client and company confidentiality.
• Transcribe information from manual documents or audio.
• Provide support to other offices where capacity allows as directed by the Partner in Charge of Newark Office.
• Take telephone calls on behalf of the fee earners and convey messages in a timely manner.
• To arrange appointments as required.
• To keep work up to date – adopting the oldest/most urgent first principle.
• To ensure efficient information recorded on the appropriate file management system.
• Create and maintain accurate records.
• Scanning, filing and photocopying documents.
• To be flexible and work as a team member.
* Secretarial qualification, equivalent experience or a Law Graduate.
* Clear understanding of confidentially/Data Protection.
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office.
* Previous experience of Residential Conveyancing and/or Commercial Property is desirable
* Experience and knowledge across different areas of the law including leases, licensing, residential conveyancing and commercial property is desirable
* Excellent communications skills.
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Highly structured and organised.
* Excellent telephone manner.
* Accurate and efficient.
* Typing speeds of at least 50 WPM
* Proactive and tactful.
* Supporting and highly efficient.
* Desire and ability to learn quickly in all areas of practice including Residential Conveyancing and Commercial Property.
* Positive attitude and enthusiastic.
Hours of Work- 9.00 am – 5.15 pm – Monday to Friday
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required and the role sounds like it might be for you then please contact me by phone or email… You can reach me by phone on 01522 848333 or by email on email@example.com