We are recruiting for an experienced Senior Electrical Estimator to join an established company in Bingham.
You will be suitably experienced within a previous role and excel in the day to day management of tenders and communicating with all relevant parties throughout the process.
Monday to Thursday – 8am to 5pm, Friday – 9am to 4pm
• £45K-£49K per annum however, salary is determined by experience
• Company Car Allowance again will be reflected by experience
• Discretionary bonuses are usually paid twice a year
• Medical insurance for employee
• Employer’s Pension contributions
25 days holiday up to a maximum of 27 days holiday + statutory days after 2 years of service
The production of detailed tender bids and cost plans, attending mid and post tender meetings, interfacing with clients and sub-contractors.
• Comprehensive technical knowledge of all aspects of Electrical building services
• Proven experience as an electrical estimator, including design and build.
• Good knowledge of BS7671 regulations
• Experience using SEC estimating software (preferred but not essential)
• Ability to accurately interpret tender documents and identify risks and discrepancies.
• Send enquiries to suppliers and interpret their returns for accuracy and competitiveness.
• Produce detailed, accurate take-off schedules from tender drawings.
• Compile accurate and competitive cost schedules detailing materials and labour content.
• Finalise the tender, incorporating prelims and margins, liaising with management as necessary.
• Attend meetings/site as required.
• Prepare a coherent tender offer with full list of qualifications and deviations from the tender documents.
• Respond to any post-tender queries or meetings as necessary
• Continually engage with clients to ensure all their requirements are satisfied.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Numerical skills
• Trust and confidentiality are vital
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Strong IT skills – general software such as Microsoft Office, Excel & Word
Free of charge and on site