A well-established and friendly independent firm based in Grantham currently have a vacancy in their team for a full time Senior/Semi-Senior Accountant. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a firm that is committed to providing exceptional accountancy and advisory services to their clients. The role is permanent; full-time or part-time. Flexible hours will be considered for the right candidate.
A competitive package is offered including 20 days annual leave in addition to public bank holidays (additional days leave increase in-line with service), parking is provided, multiple health care benefits, and pension all entwined with a remuneration up to £40,000 depending on experience, along with annual performance based bonuses.
The ideal candidate will have experience of preparing accounts on behalf of a range of clients along with preparing and submitting Self-Assessment and Corporation Tax returns, computations and submissions. In addition, you will be expected to work towards developing and managing your own portfolio of clients.
As a Semi-Senior Accountant, you will have the desire to develop your accounting experience and knowledge, while fulfilling the role of a professional advisor to clients. This is an excellent opportunity for an knowledgeable accountant who has experience of working in practice on sole-trade, partnership and limited companies accounts to join a growing firm that can offer excellent progression opportunities. Not forgetting the role can be either fully office based and/or part remote working if desired, with the ability to work unsupervised.
The candidate will be responsible for:
• Preparing statutory accounts for limited companies and corporate tax computations
• Being able to assist junior staff with training and development
• Managing a portfolio of Clients
• Preparation of accounts for sole-traders, partnerships, charities
• Preparation & Submission of Individual Tax Returns, Company Tax Returns & Vat Returns
• Management Accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis as required
• Dealing with HMRC for any Income Tax / Corp Tax / VAT / PAYE & NI enquiries/issues and investigations
• Providing Tax Advice to clients ad-hoc
• Being involved in ad-hoc projects as required
• Being involved in the preparation of VAT returns, payroll and auto-enrolment (this is not essential but desirable)
Essential Requirements are:
• Either AAT Qualified (Level 4) or ACA / ACCA Part-Qualified, or
• Qualified by experience, candidates will be considered depending on experience
• At least 2-3 years’ previous experience in a practice environment is essential
• Excellent customer service & friendly approach
• Experience with Microsoft Office/Word/Excel/SAGE/QuickBooks/Xero/Syft/QuickBooks
• Full driving licence (no travel currently required)
If you are interested please telephone Sarah Woulds on 01476 567111 or email your CV and supporting certification to email@example.com quoting J7651. This role is immediately available, that said, for the right candidate a notice period would not be a problem.
Reflect Recruitment Group is acting as the Employment Agency under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.