Working with our partner NSK Bearings we are recruiting for Machine Setter / Operators to join on a permanent basis.
These positions will be working in the Precision Grinding areas of production.
All roles are working on a 3 shift rotation of Earlies, Nights and Afternoons with an 3 week average of 37hrs per week.
These roles will suit people who have experience already as an operator and have done some training towards being a setter or are currently working as a machine setter. All machines are manual, there are no CNC requirements for the moment.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• To operate and set Lines
• Manufacture inner/outer bearing raceways to meet internal customer demands.
• Use measuring equipment to ensure bearing raceways comply to set turning tolerances
We are looking for you if you have:
• Attention to detail essential
• Ability to understand planning charts/turning tolerances
• Able to read and set micrometers/verniers
• Problem solving techniques
The starting rate will be depending on experience – Annual salary £28'969.67 including 20% shift allowance
More experienced Setters – Salary £31'151.48 including 20% shift allowance.
Overtime is paid at time and half for week and Saturdays, double for Sundays.
Once training is completed and once you progress there are then further attainable pay grades and avenues for future development.
• Pension with enhanced Company contributions
• Employee life assurance cover
• 33 days Holiday per Holiday year with a 2 week shutdown in August and a week shutdown at year end.