We are looking for a Temporary to Permanent Machine Operator to set up and operate machines including lasers and press brake for an engineering company in Newark.
Monday to Thursday 7.30-4, Friday 7.30-12.30 (37hr paid week).
Machine Operator Responsibilities
but are not limited to:
• Operate tools/machines in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
• Perform periodic checks on equipment and report problems as detected.
• Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is utilised to aid the customers and company requirements
• Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.
• Maintain a high level of housekeeping of machine and surrounding areas
• Follow safe systems of work and machine instructions
• Working to and following work orders and drawings
• Supporting production requirements on a variety of machines and processes within in the factory
• Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
• Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
• Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
• Proven experience as a machine operator
• Working knowledge of measurement tools (calliper, micrometre etc.)
• Understanding of production procedures
• Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
• Attention to detail
• Teamwork and communication skills
The machine operator must be reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards.
On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve.
Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production requirements will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency.
Starting hourly rate £10.25ph
Time and half for overtime