A well-established nationwide niche access engineering company are looking to recruit a ‘Learning and Development Manager’ to join their team to provide group wide management of employee learning and development. Working closely with the directors of this 85 employee SME the role will include developing and sustaining a highly competent workforce who operate in a challenging environment.
The Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for leading and managing learning programs for the Group businesses, supporting the business in the delivery of a learning approach that builds the high levels of competence necessary across our teams.
The role will focus on building and maintaining a technical, professional, and leadership training infrastructure that will strengthen all employee capabilities and support career growth.
Job Responsibilities will include;
• Develop, Administer and Monitor education programme for all employees.
• Identify education/training needs. Develop courses/programmes together with our trainers and operations staff.
• Creating and delivering on a range of innovative learning solutions.
• Teach appropriate courses, internal and external.
• Support each employee with their development.
• Put a mentoring facility in place for key management. Using internal and external mentors.
• Develop and implement CPD programme across the Group.
• Managing the relationship with third party training providers in respect of the quality of the provision and efficiency of delivery.
• Self-autonomy to create solutions to identified issues.
• Proactivity in the generation of new ideas and projects.
• Digitally savvy with in depth knowledge & understanding of key trends & solutions.
• Health & Safety knowledge.
• Experience of training delivery.
• Organised, strong and proven administrative experience.
• Flexible to meet the demands of the role, regular travel, including some overnight stays, early morning travel and working late on occasion.
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate educational achievement possibly to DegreeHND or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written to work with people at all levels.
• Familiarity with modern training methods (online conferencing, e-learning etc)
• Previous experience/understanding of our market – including construction industry, engineering, facilities management, working at height would be useful.
• Commercially aware
• A formal training, teaching and or assessment qualification
Location – Grantham with regular travel
Salary – £35-40k Dependent on experience
Further info – 23 days holidays, company supported training & pension scheme.
Hours – 8.00am – 4.30pm (Monday to Friday)
Contract – Full time, permanent.
For more information on this position please contact Nathan Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01476 567111
Reflect Recruitment Group is operating as Employment Agency under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.