We are recruiting for an experienced industrial/commercial paint sprayer for a company that is based within the Worksop area.
The role is permanent.
To prepare & spray large commercial vehicles, trailers/tractors, fabrications and other items to a high standard. This is a busy site and attention to detail is essential. You will be working with air assisted equipment, often at height and using a range of different paint systems.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Preparing, sanding & masking bodywork and equipment to a high standard.
• Applying a range of primers, top coats and protective finishes.
• Working to spec, ensuring that jobs are finished on time and in full.
• Conducting basic quality control checks.
• Mixing paints to the right colour and consistency.
• Preparing, maintaining and cleaning equipment.
• Storing paints in the correct conditions.
• Ensuring that you always follow safety procedures.
The right person will have a minimum of 3 years experience painting large, commercial vehicles or equipment using air fed systems. Also, you will need to have a high level of accuracy and an eye for detail to make sure that the finish of the paint is of the highest standard.
We provide all PPE, RPE and high quality equipment. Uniforms are also provided once the probationary period is completed.
Skills & Experience
• The right person will have a MINIMUM of 3 years experience painting large, commercial vehicles using air fed systems.
• A general knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of paint spraying.
• Ability to perform manual labour for extended periods of time as required by work assignments.
• Good interpersonal skills & the ability to actively contribute to the team.
• A current FLT licence is desirable.
Working hours & benefits
• 07:30 to 16:10 Monday to Thursday and 06:00 to 14:40 Friday (40 hours per week)
• Occasional overtime
• 21 (rising to 25) days holiday plus bank holidays
• Free on site car park
Based on hourly rate £12.50