Located on the outskirts of Grantham, our client are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and engaging Payroll and Administration Assistant within their Human Resources department preferably on a full-time basis (part-time hours shall be considered). This role shall initially start on a temporary basis as our client do envisage the person in post until the end of the year with a potential view (yet to be confirmed) to transfer from temporary to permanent. Our client are certainly wanting someone who shall invest in them just as much they do you, so it's all about the right candidate. Therefore, whilst the position is immediately available, they are certainly happy to wait.
About the role…
If you love variety, and welcome a desk where no two days are the same, this role is certainly for you! You'll be polite, professional, conscientious and a concise candidate who will also be prepared, proactive and open-minded about the varied day-to-day tasks that shall be at hand. The main focus of the role will be payroll activity; therefore payroll experience. Preferably, someone who has worked on payroll processing for multi-site, various shift patterns and payroll month end reporting and processing. Pension contributions, HMRC submissions, Statutory payments and payroll queries.
In addition, there is a need for the person to carry out admin tasks related to the Time and Attendance system and overpayments, absence management etc Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:-
– Time and Attendance activity, dealing with clocking exceptions, calculating overtime, shift premiums, holidays and sickness.
– Entering new starters including Right to Work checks
– Setting up clock cards
– Arranging inductions
– Arranging Interviews
– Supporting managers at absence reviews meetings, disciplinary meetings, probationary review meetings, return to work meetings
– General admin
– Uniform ordering
– Adhoc project work around policies and procedures
The successful candidate must have the following:-
– Previous Payroll Experience (Essential)
– Previous Human Resources Experience (Desirable)
– Prior Administration Experience (Essential)
– Superb Time Management Skills
– Have the Ability to Prioritise Duties
– Be Computer Literate, Especially with Excel (Essential)
– Excel At Both Written and Verbal Communication
– High Attention to Detail
– Good Telephone Handling Skills (Desirable)
– Initiative to Investigate
– Strong Work Ethic
This is a superb opportunity to be joining a well established, friendly and cohesive company offering 37.5 working hours a week:-
– Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30
– Friday 08:00 – 13:30
Along with offering an hourly rate of pay for the temporary assignment of £12.82 per hour, with a remuneration of £25,000 should you taken on permanently.
If this is for you, we please send your CV to Sarah Woulds on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01476 567 111.
Reflect Recruitment Group is acting as the Employment Business under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.