We are recruiting an experienced General Manager to join our client who is a hotel establishment near Sleaford.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Hospitality professional to join an establishment where they will absolutely be able to make their own mark on the business. The hotel has excellent room for growth in a number of areas; with your background you will be well-placed to make those changes.
A salary is offered around £40,000 per year with potential for performance-based bonus. Accommodation is also an option for the candidate, although the company recognise that this may not be desired by all so they can consider applicants who would like to live off or on-site. Along with the support and backing of the owners and the trust in a successful General Manager to take the business in the direction they feel is right.
What the company will require from you:
– Extensive experience in the Hospitality & Catering industry at Management level, leading a business with a £500k+ turnover
– An ability to recognise what the demographic of customers are looking for
– To form complete familiarity with local competition and be in control of the hotel's operating costs, gross and net profit percentage margins, occupancy rates etc.
– An ability to align oneself with the team of staff, leading by example, effective communication and staff management
– Being able to work varied hours and shifts, synonymous with the industry
– Fantastic organisational skills
– On-the-ball with numbers!
– Pro-active problem solving
– Manage P&L accounts, compiling reports and filing weekly/monthly updates to the business owners
– Recruiting, training, incentivising and supervising staff
– Improving control systems and revenue management
– Promoting the hotel locally and ensuring it is marketed effectively
– Implement changes, improving booking systems, pushing weddings and corporate event sales
– Gain awareness of local competition, setting gross and net profit margins, familiarising oneself with all vital numbers within the business
– Plan effective and efficient staff rotas
– Be able to familiarise oneself completely with all hotel operations, including Front of House, Back of House, Housekeeping and Kitchen
– Meet and greet customers, deal with customer feedback
– Ensure events and conferences run smoothly
– Plan and schedule routine maintenance
– Ensure full compliance with licensing, H&S, Food Hygiene and other regulations
If you feel ready for the challenge of taking this business that is well-respected locally on it's next journey, then this could be the role for you.
The company anticipate a start date of around mid to late March 2024.
Please call Paul at Reflect Recruitment Group in confidence on 01476 567111 or email your CV and current circumstances to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reflect Recruitment Group are operating as Employment Agency under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.