We have the pleasure in confirming a new appointment for a Newark based manufacturing company for a Finance Analyst to join their team.
This role can include a hybrid working model providing you have a home work space and suitable internet connection, you will still need to be in the office 3 days per week so will still need to live within the area. There also may be some European travel with this position.
The premise of the role is to provide commercial and financial data analysis to support the departments business planning, business decision-making and financial control and growth. You will report into the Finance Director and liaise with Finance and other departments in order to obtain and then deliver the information.
Produce detailed reporting and analysis including but not restricted to:
* Pricing Activity
* Long Term Demand Forecasts
* Monthly reporting tools
* Financial reporting
* Inventory & SMOS reporting
* Sales & profitability analysis
* Plant performance
* Establish and develop effective means of extracting, analysing and reporting appropriate data.
* Support and develop skills for other department staff members at local Company sites to improve data management.
* Create presentation material, appropriate to the audience.
* Support department directors to draw conclusions from data sets to allow decision making based on factual data, Improve ease of monthly reporting, and improve profitability.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Degree in a business discipline
• Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
• AAT Technician qualification (or equivalent)
• Good standard of education with Business Studies degree or equivalent
• Technical background
Skills & Knowledge
* Excellent Excel
• Proficient numerical and analytical skills
• Data base skills, building, managing data bases
• Good understanding of commercial systems
• Strong financial awareness and analytical ability
• Ability to present complex data in a comprehensive format
• Over 2 year’s experience in a data analysis role
• Good understanding of financial reporting and control.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Accounting experience
Salary is approximately £30,000 to £38,000.
The benefits include a defined contribution pension scheme (provided by Standard Life)
Life assurance cover,
33 days holiday per year (inclusive of national bank holidays)