We are recruiting for a permanent CAD Technician for a well established and reputable business in Bingham.
The company are happy to see applications from Technicians with only a small amount of experience in 2D CAD but wanting to learn and progress to Revit/3D modelling or someone who is more experienced and just looking for a new challenge.
The role will involve working with the engineers to understand the requirements of their initial designs and transforming them into accurate and detailed technical drawings in 2D and 3D models. These drawings are used at all stages of the project from design, approval, coordinating with other trades, to creating the construction issue drawings for the installation teams.
Working Monday to Thursday 8-5, Friday 8-4.
Will need to have a recognised CAD qualification such as C&G, BTEC, HND.
As a CAD Technician –
* Create high quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by Architects and Designers and make modifications to existing drawings
* Use CAD software to create 2D models
* Liaise with engineers and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice to the construction teams
* Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings
* Conduct site visits and surveys when required
* Present working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender and installation
* Maintain accurate records
* Knowledge of engineering principles and ability to create and read technical drawings would be an advantage
* IT skills and knowledge of AutoCAD would be beneficial
* Attention to detail to create accurate and details drawings and to check other colleagues work for accuracy and quality
* Communication skills and relationship building to work with clients and other engineers to interpret their designs
* Teamwork, essential as you will be working in a team liaising with other CAD Technician and Draughtsperson on projects
* Organisation and Time Management in order to complete projects on time
* A flexible approach to decision making as some times drawings need to be changed at short notice
* An understanding of Electrical Design experience beneficial
Salary & Benefits
Salary is wholly dependent on qualifications and previous experience
Holiday – 22 days plus BH
EOT bonus scheme after 1 year qualification